England, Essex, Stansted United Kingdom
Communications Engineer, fibre optic, copper, cabling, CSCS, Krone, Systimax, IPAF, PASMA, OTDR, FLUKE, networks, networking, telephony, ADC-Krone, Emtelle, Brandrex, Stansted Airport
Job ref: 107767AMO_1452340824
15106.00 – 17680.00 per annum + Benefits
No experience needed
Tech / Vocational Cert
Manchester Airport Group (MAG) are expanding their IT Service and Support capability as part of an ongoing period of fundamental transformation within the group. This is a great chance to work for one of the country’s best employers at a period of massive investment and major change.
Manchester Airports Group (M.A.G) is the largest UK-owned airport operator, serving around 42 million passengers every year and handling 600, 000 tonnes of air freight every year, through its ownership and operation of Manchester, London Stansted, East Midlands and Bournemouth airports.
Morson International is pleased to offer this fantastic role on behalf of Manchester Airport Group (MAG) for an Apprentice/Junior Communications Engineer who will be based at Stansted Airport, Essex, UK on a Permanent basis.
This role reports to the Installation Manager and is to plan, install, record and maintain fibre optic and copper data communications equipment to support the current and future data requirements for Manchester Airport Group PLC and its associated Service Partners, Tenants and Airlines. If you have a qualification within ICT, Networking or Communications and you are keen to learn, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
A defined three year objectives plan as follows: Year 1
- Shadow experienced engineers
- Gain understanding of Campus and locations of comms rooms
- Complete mandatory Health & Safety Training as instructed by Installations Manager *
- Complete CSCS training and achieve accreditation
- Basic understanding of network and telephony connections.
- Computer literate
- Basic understanding of job sheets
- Basic understanding of the equipment and tools required to do the job
- Objectives in CARS to be evidenced and achieved
* Krone/Systimax accreditation achieved
* Lucid accreditation achieved
* IPAF, PASMA accreditation achieved
* OTDR & FLUKE testing training completed
* Blown fibre training completed and accreditation achieved.
* Competent in completing surveys and associated job request documentation
* Understanding of materials required to complete installations.
* Full understanding of network and telephony connections including fault rectification.
* Objectives in CARS to be evidenced and achieved
* Full understanding of comms room locations and routes across campus
* Competent in Infrastructure architecture
* Competent in installation termination and testing
* Competent in use of blown fibre with associated equipment
* Be able to provide solutions/recommendations to internal and external customers across campus
* Effective time management
* Objectives in CARS to be evidenced and achieved
Over time your role tasks and responsibilities will be:
* To plan, install, terminate and test basic structured cabling including all containment (Trunking, Cable Tray, Conduit etc.) and patching requirements to meet service standards as specified by Manchester Airport.
* To plan, install, terminate and test optical fibre cabling (Single-Mode/Multi-Mode) including all ducting (Bloduct, Cable Tray, Conduit etc.) and patching requirements to meet service standards as specified by Manchester Airport.
* To plan, install, terminate and test Voice multi-core cabling including all containment and patching requirements to meet service standards as specified by Manchester Airport.
* To ensure accurate records, plans and job sheets of all completed installations including capacity information are provided to the Installations Manager upon request.
* To provide a fault diagnostic service using appropriate tools on a rota pattern on specified copper/optical fibre data equipment including ensuring that all necessary repairs are swiftly actioned both in core and non-core hours.
* To provide an adds/moves/changes service on live systems ensuring service level agreements are maintained and that all stakeholders are fully informed of progress.
* To undertake surveys on request as part of capacity planning and audit work requirements.
* To carry out periodic inspections upon request from the Installations Manager to ensure that installation standards are being met and that data comms rooms cleanliness is being maintained
* To undertake project work as allocated by the Installations Manager from time to time.
* Undertake technical, health and safety and airport operational training as specified by the Installations Manager periodically to develop own competencies.
* Ensure that all times, activities are carried out in a manner consistent with all relevant procedures, standards, behaviors and performance targets.
* Ensure that sufficient stock level are maintained all store items and report back stock shortages to the Installation Manager
Location: Stansted, Essex, UK
Working Hours: 38 hours per week. There may be an element of on-call duties.
Salary: Dependent on skills and experience plus benefits including 24 days holiday; 5% pension; free parking; bike to work scheme; childcare voucher scheme; tax-free airside shopping; discounted on-site shops and car hire.
Employment will be subject to candidates holding a UK or EU passport and obtaining their Airside Pass – this will include satisfactory references (five year checkable history within the UK) and a Criminal Record Check. Please note that assessment centre Interviews are likely to be held w/c 18th January 2016
This is an excellent role where you will have the opportunity to build on your existing skills and gain new skills within a highly challenging and changing environment. Please send your CV, availability and salary required for immediate consideration.