Job Detail | Customer Service Associate, Spain
Customer Service Associate, Spain
With 5 commercial products, 7 more in the pipeline and over half a billion dollars of revenue, a global footprint in 40 countries, and a personal connection to our patients, BioMarin is the recognized industry leader in rare disease development. Come work in an entrepreneurial environment where you ll have the resources and infrastructure combined with visibility and opportunity to tangibly impact patent s lives and the future of our company. This is your chance to be part of something amazing!
Customer Service Associate
The Customer Service Associate will be responsible for day-to-day customer service and product distribution globally for BioMarin. This individual will work closely with internal and external cross functional team members to complete assigned tasks and drive process excellence. Due to the global nature of the role, experience/qualification in export and international trade is necessary. Ultimately the Customer Service Associate will ensure that BioMarin products reach our patients quickly and efficiently, upholding BioMarin s commitment to excellence. This is an exciting role as the candidate will be dealing with all regions in the world and get to learn about all aspects of the business.
- Serve as day-to-day operations contact with BioMarin s contracted Distribution Partners. Primary focus will be in customer service and product distribution. The Customer Service Associate will also be required to offer solutions to problems and provide action plans to BioMarin Distribution Partners.
- Follow and adhere to agreed processes/work instructions defined for the department
- Order and shipment coordination for all international customers, in close partnership with the Logistics and Finance departments.
- For international orders, work closely with Area Directors, country managers and customers to ensure all export requirements have been fulfilled prior to dispatching orders. This includes preparation of commercial invoice, certificate of Origin and other documents as needed.
- Continually seek and identify new areas for enhancement as related to customer service and product distribution.
- Participate in cross functional team projects
- Monitor Oracle transactions with 3PLs managed through an EDI interface on a regular basis.
- Coordinate product launches from a customer service standpoint
- Generate and maintain an order reporting function for use by both internal and external entities.
- Ensure all transactions are reconciled for month end, from an order management and customer set up point of view.
- Work alongside a busy Commercial Operations team and deal with ad-hoc requests and offer logistical support when necessary.
- Small requirement for national and international travels.
University degree preferable or applicable skills/training deemed relevant to position
- Strong customer service experience in an international environment desirable
- Previous experience with import/export regulations
- Knowledge of global trade regulations in a Life Science / Bio-Tech industry preferable
- Knowledge of Oracle or similar ERP system
- Additional language a plus
Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a limitation of the duties of the position. It is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned.
All employment offers and resumes are managed through our Human Resources Department and all candidates are presented through this avenue. Therefore, the Human Resources Department at BioMarin requests that recruiters are not to contact BioMarin employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with BioMarin.
BioMarin will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of BioMarin.