Job; Head of Operations
Posted on January 13, 2016
Head of Operations Dash Express
The Dash Group, based in Redruth, provides a diverse range of services to businesses and consumers. Dash Logistic Services offers distribution, fulfilment, vehicle hire and self-storage throughout the South West and beyond, Dash Convenience Stores serve local communities in Cornwall and DWN supplies fast moving goods to retailers and consumers across the UK through wholesale and retail e-commerce. Our distribution division is currently at an exciting stage of development so we are looking to recruit an experienced Head of Operations to oversee the business and develop relationships with both existing and potential new customers for distribution, fulfilment and warehousing services across the South West. This role will report to the Group Operations Director and involve taking responsibility for delivering performance in one of our largest divisions covering multiple contracts and managing a team of 20-30 staff.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To exceed the requirements of our demanding corporate and small business customers on a seven day a week basis
- To oversee the management, warehouse and delivery teams
- To effectively co-ordinate and control rotas, absence and ever changing delivery/collection volumes
- To deliver increased profitability by building new business and identifying efficiencies on an ongoing basis
- To oversee staff recruitment/retention, development, training and discipline
- To maintain clear lines of communication with directors, staff, management and customers
- To manage internal reporting of sales and costs.
- Extensive previous experience of the logistics industry, ideally within a corporate environment
- Exceptional man management and communication skills with an ability to delegate whilst retaining control
- An ability to inspire and mentor others
- Demonstrable experience in meeting corporate customer requirements and working with Key Performance Indicators
- An entrepreneurial approach to maximising revenues and profitability
- An ability to implement and manage processes and change
- A problem solving approach with the ability to make good decisions under pressure
- A team player with a collaborative approach
- A good working knowledge of the legal aspects of operating a logistics business.
- A good knowledge of the local area
- An existing network of contacts within the logistics and parcel industries
- CPC Holder
- An existing ILM qualification or professional equivalent.
Reporting to: Group Operations Director
Responsible for: Deputy Head of Operations
Employed and contracted drivers and delivery partners
Based: Redruth Site (TR15 3RQ)
Hours of Work: As required to meet the needs of the business
Salary: This is a full-time salaried position. In addition, a performance related pay package linked to the overall KPI performance will be introduced with 6 months of commencement.
Holiday Entitlement: 5.6 weeks per year (including Bank Holidays).
Start Date: Immediate
In writing only with a covering letter, including salary details and CV, to