Plant Layout Engineer
England, Bristol United Kingdom
Engineer – General
design, nuclear, layout, plant, construction, bristol, edf, jacobs, pdms, mechanical, systems, autocad, engineer, new build
Job ref: 108705ARA_1454006661
25000.00 – 45000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
No experience needed
Location: Bristol, close to M4 / M5 junction
Salary: 25000 – 45000 / year + excellent benefits
Start: April / May 2016 (later start date might be consded for an ideal candidate)
An exciting opportunity exists for a Mechanical or Systems Engineer with experience in layout projects / plant layout to work as a Plant Layout Engineer for our prestigious nucelar industry client in helping to design the next fleet of nuclear power stations in the UK. This role will be based at the client’s office in Bristol very near to the M4/M5 junction
The person will be responsible for analysing the information / changes coming in and assessing their influence on the layout of the nuclear plant. The role has been further detailed as follows:
General Layout Engineering
- Receives the input data for the layout engineering of the building (Process & Instrumentation Diagrams, equipment data, cable list, electrical load list, etc.), analyses them and verifies their technical consistency.
- Carries out layout engineering or makes proposals to improve the layout.
- Lays out the various mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Design the pipes, HVAC ducts and electrical cable trays in the 3D model.
- Carries out an initial check of the consistency between the process & instrumentation diagrams and the 3D model.
- Writes the related technical documents (progress reports, equipment introduction note, change impact analysis, design procedures, etc.).
- Issues the layout drawings to the various teams and coordinates their layout activities by ensuring compliance with the layout rules.
Progress Monitoring and Change Management
- Manages and monitors the modifications requested by the various engineering teams.
- Anticipates and raises alerts on open technical points.
- Regularly carries out layout engineering reviews (with all the engineering teams involved).
- Prepares a regular status report on the model in the light of the latest input data.
Education / Qualifications
– Experienced Mechanical or systems Engineer – either degree-qualified or possessing suitable level of other relevant experience
For the right candidate, or client can offer a salary of up to 45000 along with an excellent benefits package including pension, bonus and healthcare, and the opportunity to become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction
You might also like these jobs …
Closest jobs to this one…
0 miles – Salary Negotiable depending upon experience | Quality / Inspection | England, Bristol