Trade Mission Cuba 2016
On Sunday January 10, 2016 the Kingdom trade mission to Cuba will start. The mission, headed by The Dutch Minister of Trade and Development Lilianne Ploumen, consists of 77 companies and 127 participants. Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, St. Maarten and St. Eustatius, will also participate in the mission. Aruba will be represented by the Plenipotentiary Minister in The Hague Alfonso Boekhoudt and Greg Peterson, director of Free Zone Aruba. Minister Ploumen s goal is to build a sustainable relationship with the Cuban government and authorities. Aruba, Curacao and St. Maarten share a socio-geographical piece of history with Cuba. The islands have always played an important role in the relationship between Cuba and the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
The Dutch expertise in water management and logistics, Aruba as a regional hub for renewable energy and tourism are important subjects for the mission. The mission to Cuba consists of representatives from the various sectors with emphasis on sustainable development and responsible entrepreneurship. Many of the participating companies have already offices in the region or in Cuba.
- ^ Posts by Anika (www.freezonearuba.com)
- ^ Business opportunities (www.freezonearuba.com)
- ^ Free Zone Aruba News (www.freezonearuba.com)
- ^ Comment on Trade Mission Cuba 2016 (www.freezonearuba.com)
- ^ RVO (www.rvo.nl)
- ^ Cuba (www.freezonearuba.com)
- ^ Kingdom trade mission Cuba (www.freezonearuba.com)
- ^ Trade mission Cuba (www.freezonearuba.com)