The Distribution Support Services (DSS) Associate role serves as a conduit between Supply Planning and Warehouse Operations by performing administrative activities associated with initiating processes required to shepherd critical Clinical Trial (CT) finished materials through the Indianapolis Hub to domestic Clinical Trial sites and strategic international destinations. This position is responsible for the timely, accurate and professional processing of shipping orders and reception of CTs. Additionally, the DSS Associate will interact with both internal and external business partners of Product Delivery to understand priorities and provide a high level of customer service to meet business needs regarding order management and fulfilment for Clinical Trial finished goods.
- Daily Transaction Support: Ensure shipping orders are accurately created and confirmed in a timely manner.
- Assist in setting daily priorities for warehouse operations and manage DSS priorities.
- Create and maintain documentation for Clinical Trial shipments for both domestic and international shipments to clinical trial (CT) sites or other Hubs and Depots.
- Perform administrative processes related to receiving and shipment of CT materials from other facilities or packaging collaboration partners.
- Provide customer service support to address customer inquiries related to shipments and work to develop solutions for any identified issues.
- Execute administrative portion of date extensions and restickering activities for CT materials stored in the warehouse.
- Recognize and/or Investigate departmental errors or issues and provide possible solutions to solve a range of problems.
- May manage group email notifications to obtain the necessary cross-functional and collaboration partner information to execute processes.
- Gather and maintain information used to both track shipments and develop pertinent business metrics
- Gain support of ideas by understanding key business drivers to feed the development and implementation of key process improvements to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the function.
- Bachelor Degree
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Comprehensive depth and breadth of knowledge/experience in either distribution, Logistics, warehouse, Import/Export, supply chain, Pharma cold chain and/or a scientific area.
- Working knowledge of cGMPs and cGDPs requirements.
- Strong organizing/multi-tasking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Proficiency with computer systems.
- Positive attitude
- Experience with critical IT systems (SAP & CTWIN)
- Experience working with customs brokers and freight forwarders
- Language Requirements: Must speak fluent English
- Work outside of core hours may be required to support the portfolio across the globe and to maximize carrier hours.
- Minimal travel may be required, both domestic and international.
- Must complete applicable ITP and maintain 100% at all times.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.