Local Driver – Class A CDL (Home Daily)
Land Air Express of New England is the premier LTL motor carrier in the Northeast, Direct Next Day! We’re a family owned company know for our strategic network of 14 terminals that allow us to meet our customer service commitments. Our People make the difference and we are proud to boast an industry leading career track.
Drive gasoline or diesel fuel powered tractor-trailer combination to transport or deliver products, materials in liquid, loose or packaged form. Pick-Up and Delivery Drivers safely and efficiently operate commercial motor vehicles. Drivers will load and/or unload freight at various locations and under varied conditions. Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets, Ability to routinely lift 25 – 50 lbs and occasionally lift 51 – 80lbs. Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 8 hours: frequent bending also required. Drivers day begins between 7am to 9am Monday -Friday and pending freight volume will work 8-11 hours daily. Weekends off.
* Competitive starting pay with scheduled hourly rate increases every 6 months on scale
* Overtime after 40 hours
* Company match on 401(k)
* Unlimited safety and referral bonus potential
* Earn up to 40 extra hours of paid time off when you qualify for the safety bonus
* Full benefits after 90 days including medical, dental, vision and life, short & long term insurance
* A minimum age of 21 years of age
* Current medical examiner’s card
* Class A CDL with hazmat and tanker endorsements
* City tractor trailer drivers must have 1 year of verifiable OTR driving experiene
* No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years
* No more than a combination of more than 3 accidents and moving violations in the past 5 years
* No documented rollovers or hitting moving vehicle due to loss of control in a CMV in the past 5 years
* No careless or reckless driving in the past 5 years
* No DUI or DWI or refusal to take test in the past 5 years
We welcome you to consider a career at Land Air Express of New England!